I am a licensed Clinical Psychologist specializing in psychological assessment/testing, psychotherapy, life coaching, and diversity and inclusion training and consultation. I have been practicing for over 10 years, serving children, teenagers, families, and adults in diverse communities.
I am collaborative, warm, and energetic, and social justice guides my work. I value creating a more inclusive world, one session or one training at a time.
Psychological assessment & testing
Testing services are available for ages 6 through adulthood. Comprehensive assessment report and feedback meetings with recommendations are provided soon after testing, in addition to communication with schools and/or other treatment providers if requested.
I am warm, collaborative, and a fierce advocate for you and/or your child if needed. If you are unsure of what kind of testing you need for yourself or your child, we will work together to clarify your concerns to determine the appropriate assessment battery.
- Academic/learning strengths and weaknesses
- Intelligence/cognitive functioning
- ADHD/executive functioning
- Emotional functioning/personality
- Psychodiagnostic evaluation
I work from an integrative perspective, rooted in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (especially Schema Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) and Attachment Theory. Treatment goals are collaboratively set with options for short-term or long-term therapy. As a therapist, I am authentic, warm, collaborative, and can gently confront if needed. Treatment modalities include individual child (age 4 and up), adolescent, and adult therapy, dyadic parent-child therapy, family therapy, and couples therapy.
Specialty areas/areas of expertise include:
- Issues relating to marginalized identities (e.g. gender, sexual orientation, immigration history, racial/ethnic background, etc.)
- Complex/developmental trauma
- Relationship issues
May feel like psychotherapy sometimes, but life coaching is present- and future-focused and solution-focused. Life coaching sessions are usually short-term and are scheduled depending on specific goals.
As a life coach, I strive to be your most thoughtful collaborator, most compassionate sounding board, and loudest cheerleader.
Diversity & inclusion training and consultation
I have extensive experience providing training and consultation on LGBTQ issues, gender identity, working with racially and ethnically diverse populations, intersectionality, immigrant/refugee mental health, organizational self-care, and issues relating to first-generation college students.
Workshops and consultations have been provided in higher education institutions, community organizations, and health care settings. I work with each client to tailor trainings/workshops to address specific needs and objectives.
Past workshops/trainings include:
- The Impact of Microaggressions
- Gender Identity 101
- LGBTQ Issues
- How to Have Difficult Dialogues Across Differences
- The #MeToo Movement and the Socialization of Women
- The Intersections of LGBTQ Identity and Race
- Understanding Disability and Ableism
- Organizational- and Self-Care
- The Impact of Racism
- Working with International Students
- Immigrant/Refugee Mental Health
- Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome and Intergenerational Trauma
- Psychoeducational workshops on mental health
- 53 Chester St, Somerville, MA 02144
Please feel free to email or call me a to ask more about my services or to schedule an initial 15 minute phone conversation to clarify your needs and to determine if I may be a good fit for the services you are seeking at this time. Please note that services are provided out of pocket (insurance is not accepted) and I can provide a Superbill for those who have out-of-network coverage. I look forward to hearing from you.